When I saw my fellow blogger friend Tamara launch her hot sauce business,I knew that I wanted to be one of her first customers. I really love seeing other Caribbean businesses succeed. For one,we have the best tasting food in the world and it needs to be more wild spread !
Her sauces did not disappoint,they actually over delivered. The first thing that I noticed was the smell,they smell amazing ! It’s a perfect blend of herbs and spices and the best part is that the heat isn’t over powering. It’s perfectly balanced. I have never had a hot sauce do that. It’s not just about the heat,it’s about the other perfectly balanced herbs. It was absolutely perfect. Everyone in my household loved it.
I purchased the Pineapple hot sauce and she was generous enough to send over a jar of the mango hot sauce as a compliment. It mixed perfectly with other sauces like ketchup and barbecue sauce. It made them irresistible and gave them an instant Caribbean kick.
I decided to make a fun dish to compliment her sauces with and boy was it gud,it wasn’t good,it was gud. I used oat flour instead of regular flour to coat the nuggets and it actually turned out much better. Gemma’s Sauces can also be used as a dipping sauce,without being to hot. They’re also free of MSG, artificial flavors,fillers and preservatives.
To find out more about Gemma’s Hot Sauces go to her website here. Or click to purchase below. She ships them out really fast as well as I received mine in a few days of ordering.
1 pack extra firm tofu
1 cup rolled oats
5 tablespoons spike seasoning
3 tablespoons of Gemma’s Mango Hot Sauce
1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- Drain and pat dry the tofu with paper towels.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and set aside.
- Place the rolled oats into a high speed blender and blend until flour like.
- Place the oat flour into a medium bowl and add in the spike seasoning and mix.
- Place a smear of Gemma’s Mango Hot Sauce onto each tofu nugget.
- Coat all sides of the tofu with the flour mixture.
- Place the oil into a frying pan and let it heat up.
- Fry the tofu on both sides until golden brown.
- Place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Enjoy with Gemma’s Hot Sauce