Whop,whop,pull over ! This vegan recipe is one that I make a lot. Every vegan blogger says that but I really mean it. What makes this vegan recipe special is the tomato paste,it gives you all those umami flavors that trick you into believing that you’re enjoying a piece of meat. When I make this dish for friends, they tell me that they don’t even miss the meat.
I strongly believe that going vegan shouldn’t be chore,it should be fun and exciting. As a vegan you get exposed to so many different foods then just your usual baked chicken and rice and peas. You just have leave all your preconceived thoughts about vegan food at the door.
I really wish that everyone was vegan so that all these animals would stop being killed. Especially because their being killed unnecessarily. The gag is that vegan food tastes better than animal products.
Now back to this amazing vegan recipe. It’s the bomb.com and I know when you make it,you will be making it for years to come. Enjoy and don’t forget to comment and share this post with your friends.That is how we grow our community.
Enjoy the recipe below.
Quinoa and Rice
1 cup rice
1 cup quinoa
4 cups water
- Put all the ingredients into a medium sized saucepan.
- Cook on low heat for 20 mins or until all the water has evaporated.
- Set aside.
7 tablespoons oil
1 onion minced
3 cloves garlic minced
4 teaspoons curry powder
1 can tomato paste
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add in the onions and stir until lightly brown.
- Add in the garlic and stir until well incorporated.
- Add in the curry powder, tomato paste and cayenne pepper then stir.
- Add the cooked rice and quinoa to the frying pan.
- Salt to taste, then stir gently until fully incorporated and serve.